Let’s make a quick (but far from exhaustive) list of upcoming planned remakes:
– Footloose with Efron.
– Bienvenue chez les Chtis (aka The Sticks).
Do I need to remind people that the story was very local-based?
– A 1963 Akira Kurosawa classic (High and Low), by David Mamet and directed by Mike Nichols.
– A remake of another Kurosowa remake (yes you read that right), The Seven Samurai by the Weinstein Co.
– A Hellraiser “relaunch”, by Pascal Laugier.
– Melrose Place, the spin-off of BH 90210.
Will the new version be considered a spin-off of the new 90210 or a spin-off of the old 90210? Or a spin-off of the spin-off of another show?