Today is TV Calling’s eighth birthday!
We’re basically as old as Obama’s first presidential election.
Think about all the amazing things we’ve accomplished over that time:
We predicted the rise of Netflix and OTTs (kinda). We explored television writing in all its forms (sorta). We revolutionized the TV spec industry (definitely not).
Bottom line is, we’re still going (and growing) strong, deep into our first decade.
Once more, let me reiterate a heartfelt thank you!
Thank you for your readership. Thank you for your comments. Thank you for your faithfulness.
TV Calling currently hovers between 10,000-15,000 unique visitors a month.
This past May, we shattered our record with 18,000 visitors and an average of 580 people per day!
That’s thanks to you for being awesome and sharing the wealth.
Since last year (when we celebrated seven years of posts over seven days), a few cool events have happened:
– The fourth design of TV Calling launched in July.
– I was one of the four writers selected in the inaugural JHRTS Pilot Script Competition in August.
– In October, I got one of Tracking-Board’s Launchpad Mentorship three spots, plus separately traveled to the NY TV Festival as an Official Artist.
– TV Calling switched to site-wide SSL security in March.
– I finally became an American citizen in April. (Triple-citizen-threat!)
– And of course, we had our annual (as-of-now-2016) Spec Script Lists for Dramas and Comedies.
There’s also the matter of us surpassing Six Hundred (!) posts a couple months back.
With this little gem, we’re now up to 624 and counting.
Last but certainly not least, I highly encourage you to get our new, free PDF guide: the amazingly useful Spec Test. You’ll be getting several key questions (and explanations) to make sure the show you picked for your TV spec is the right one for you.
In future news, I’ve been working on two super-secret projects that should come to light within the next couple of months. (Hence the recently limited online presence.)
Don’t worry. I’ll soon be back to full force.
In the meantime, here’s to another great year (and more) of sweet TV Calling content for all!
Stay tuned for the TV writing bonanza.